A capacitor CBB61 is a special type of capacitor that is used in ceiling fans and other electronic devices. A capacitor is a device that stores electric charge and releases it when needed.
CBB61 is made of two metal plates separated by a thin layer of insulating material, such as polypropylene film. The plates are connected to wires that lead to the fan motor or the switch housing.
The capacitor CBB61 has a specific shape and size, which makes it suitable for mounting on the fan motor or the switch housing. It also has a specific capacitance value, which is measured in microfarads (µF).
The capacitance value determines how much charge the capacitor can store and how fast it can release it. The capacitor CBB61 usually has a capacitance value ranging from 1 µF to 20 µF, depending on the type and size of the fan.
The capacitor CBB61 also has a specific voltage rating, which is 250 volts alternating current (VAC). This means that the capacitor can withstand a maximum voltage of 250 VAC across its plates.
The capacitor CBB61 also has a specific frequency rating, which is 50/60 hertz (Hz). This means that the capacitor can operate at a frequency of 50 or 60 cycles per second, which is the standard frequency of the electric current in most countries.
How Does a Capacitor CBB61 Work?
A capacitor CBB61 works by creating a phase shift in the alternating current (AC) that powers the fan motor. AC is a type of electric current that changes direction periodically, such as the current that comes from a wall outlet.
A phase shift is a difference in the timing of the current between two points, such as the input and output of the capacitor.
The phase shift created by the capacitor CBB61 helps the fan motor to start and run smoothly. When the fan is switched on, the capacitor charges up and creates a phase shift that makes the current in one of the motor coils lag behind the current in the other coil.
This creates a magnetic field that pushes the fan blades to start spinning. As the fan speeds up, the capacitor discharges and reduces the phase shift, allowing the motor to run at a constant speed.
The capacitor CBB61 also helps the fan motor to run more efficiently and quietly. By creating a phase shift, the capacitor reduces the power consumption and heat generation of the motor. It also reduces the noise and vibration of the motor by smoothing out the current fluctuations.
How to Replace a Capacitor CBB61?
If your Hunter ceiling fan is not working properly, such as making humming noises, running slowly, or not starting at all, it could be due to a faulty capacitor CBB61.
A capacitor CBB61 can wear out over time, especially if it is exposed to high temperatures, humidity, or power surges. If you need to replace your capacitor CBB61, you can follow these steps:
- Turn off the power to the fan at the circuit breaker or the wall switch.
- Remove the fan blades and the light fixture, if any, to access the fan motor or the switch housing.
- Locate the capacitor CBB61, which is a small black box with wires attached to it. It is usually fixed to the motor or the switch housing with screws or clips.
- Disconnect the wires from the capacitor CBB61, noting their colors and positions. You may need to use a screwdriver or pliers to remove the wire connectors.
- Remove the old capacitor CBB61 and dispose of it properly.
- Install the new capacitor CBB61, making sure to connect the wires to the same terminals as the old one. You may need to use wire nuts or electrical tape to secure the connections.
- Reattach the capacitor CBB61 to the motor or the switch housing with screws or clips.
- Reinstall the fan blades and the light fixture, if any.
- Turn on the power to the fan and test its operation.
Where to Buy a Capacitor CBB61?
If you need to buy a new capacitor CBB61 for your Hunter ceiling fan, you can find it online or at your local hardware store.
You can also order it from the Hunter website or the eReplacementParts website, which sell genuine Hunter parts and accessories.
The capacitor CBB61 is a vital component of your Hunter ceiling fan, as it helps the fan motor to start and run smoothly, efficiently, and quietly.
If your capacitor CBB61 is damaged or worn out, you can replace it yourself by following the steps above, or you can hire a professional to do it for you.
You can buy a new capacitor CBB61 online or at your local hardware store, or you can order it from the Hunter website or the eReplacementParts website. By replacing your capacitor CBB61, you can extend the life and performance of your Hunter ceiling fan.