UPS SurePost is a shipping service offered by UPS that combines the speed and reliability of UPS ground shipping with the convenience and lower cost of the United States Postal Service (USPS) for the final delivery to the customer.
With UPS SurePost, UPS handles the package initially, and then hands it off to the USPS for the last mile delivery to the customer’s address.
This can often result in lower shipping costs compared to other UPS services, particularly for small and lightweight packages.
The delivery time for UPS SurePost can vary, depending on the origin and destination of the shipment.
Generally, it takes 2-7 business days for delivery within the continental United States. However, the delivery time may be longer for certain rural or remote areas.
Also read: UPS Surepost Package Not Delivered
To track your UPS SurePost shipment, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the UPS website: https://www.ups.com/track
- Enter your tracking number in the “Tracking or InfoNotice Number” field.
- Click on the “Track” button.
- You will see the tracking information for your shipment, including the current status, estimated delivery date, and tracking history.
Note that UPS SurePost is a service that combines the consistency and reliability of UPS with the convenience of USPS for the final delivery.
As a result, the tracking information may not be as detailed as other UPS services.
If you have any questions or concerns about your shipment, you can contact UPS customer service for assistance.
Ups surepost tracking not updating
If your UPS SurePost tracking information is not updating, there could be several reasons for this:
Also read: Fulfillment Center Surepost Package
- The shipment may not have been picked up or scanned by UPS yet. In this case, you may need to wait a bit longer for the tracking information to update.
- The shipment may have been delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, such as severe weather or a transportation issue. In this case, you may need to wait for an updated delivery date.
- The tracking information may be delayed or not updated due to a technical issue with the UPS website or tracking system. In this case, you may want to try tracking the package again later or contact UPS customer service for assistance.
- The tracking number may be incorrect or incomplete. Make sure you have entered the correct tracking number and try again.
You have any concerns about the status of your UPS SurePost shipment, you can contact UPS customer service for assistance.
They can provide you with more information about the status of your package and help you track it down if necessary.
Also read: UPS Surepost Says Delivered But No Package
Ups surepost tracking customer service
If you have any questions or concerns about your UPS SurePost shipment and need to contact customer service, you can do so by following these steps:
- Go to the UPS website: https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-support-center.page
- Click on the “Contact UPS” button in the top right corner of the page.
- Choose the category that best fits your question or concern (e.g. Tracking, Shipping, Billing, etc.)
- Follow the prompts to provide more information about your issue.
- Choose your preferred contact method (e.g. phone, email, chat).
- Enter your contact information and submit your request.
Alternatively, you can contact UPS customer service by phone at 1-800-742-5877 (1-800-PICK-UPS) or by using the live chat feature on the UPS website.
Also read: Where To Put Shipping Label on UPS Express Envelope
Be sure to have your tracking number and any relevant information about your shipment available when contacting customer service.