Sending certified mail is a way to ensure that your mail is tracked and that you receive proof of delivery. Here are the steps to send certified mail:
- Write your letter or document and put it in an envelope. Make sure the envelope is sealed properly.
- Go to your local post office and ask for a certified mail form. You will need to fill out this form with the recipient’s name and address.
- Pay the fee for certified mail. The fee will depend on the weight of your envelope and the destination.
- The postal worker will affix a green certified mail sticker to your envelope and provide you with a tracking number. Make sure you keep this tracking number safe as you will need it to track your mail.
- Your certified mail will now be tracked and you will receive a receipt with the tracking number.
- When your mail is delivered, the recipient will need to sign for it. The post office will then send you a confirmation of delivery, which you can use as proof that the mail was delivered.
By following these steps, you can send certified mail and ensure that your important documents are delivered securely and with proof of delivery.