Here is a delicious Easter dessert cake recipe:
Easter Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add oil and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in grated carrots, crushed pineapple, and chopped nuts.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 10 minutes before removing them from the pans and transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter together in a large bowl until creamy and smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Frost the top of one cake layer with a thick layer of frosting and place the second cake layer on top.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining frosting and sprinkle chopped nuts over the top for garnish, if desired.
- Chill the cake in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Enjoy your delicious Easter Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting!